On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:39:05 -0400 Mike Blumenkrantz <m...@zentific.com> said:

> if you're saying the select mode would also need to be able to determine which
> is the base part of the theme, I think we would need to embed some info into
> the edc to provide that, no?

no - i'm saying themes can be listed in order:

theme1:theme2:theme3:theme4:...

elm will look for stuff first in theme1, if not found then theme2, then theme3,
then theme4 and finally... if not found in default. if you have 2 themes which
only provide SOME elements, but they overlap as to which elements they
provide... who comes first? you need to be able to order them.