On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 22:47:31 +0200 Hugo Camboulive <hugo.camboul...@gmail.com>
said:

you basically can't. there isn't a way to force a recalc when using boxes in
edje. as i said to you before - they were not implemented completely - well
tables were not, and i had to fix up the implementation to do the e17 calendar
bit for clock. and groups are only partly useufl as there is a "leaky barrier"
between a child group and its parent. some things pass through., some don't.
some things work as expected, some don't. this is one of those things that
doesn't.

we'd need to add an explicit "recalc" action. that will also only partly help
as if you do trabnsitions and u want the transition to affect the box too u
have to recalc every frame, and thats making things more complex as there u
want not an action but a property that says "from now on every time something
changes recalc min size until this property is removed".