On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:58:19 +0900 Jihoon Kim <jihoon48....@samsung.com> said:

hmmmm ok - i have 2 questions.

1. why should the app CONTROL the effects for the input panel showing/hiding
directly? the input panel should be a window managed by the wm and shown and
hidden as the wm sees fit, if it animates or not is not the apps decision nor
should it be. this really exposes too much direct control imho.

2. getting input panel geometry - this is done via other properties/hints
already, why here? the other properties can in theory handle multiple overlayed
windows not just keyboard (indicator too and softkey etc.). why should vkbd be
different and add an api here?