Hello.

On Sat, 2011-07-30 at 05:20, Leif Middelschulte wrote:

> thanks for testing the patch :-)

No problem. Looking forward to xrandr support in E. Especially the
save and restore options to remember monitor settings is something
that interests me. In my opinion such details are making the
difference form a ok to a good experience. Anyway, back to topic. :)

> See comments in their context, respectively.
>
> Am 30.07.2011 um 00:15 schrieb Stefan Schmidt
> <ste...@datenfreihafen.org>:

> >>/usr/local/bin/edje_cc -v -id ../../../src/modules/conf_randr/images
> >>-DLOWRES_PDA=1 -DMEDIUMRES_PDA=2 -DHIRES_PDA=3 -DSLOW_PC=4 -DMEDIUM_PC=5
> >>-DFAST_PC=6 -DE17_PROFILE=SLOW_PC \
> >>       ../../../src/modules/conf_randr/e-module-conf_randr.edc \
> >>       ../../../src/modules/conf_randr/e-module-conf_randr.edj
> >>/usr/local/bin/edje_cc: Wrote       251 bytes (   0Kb) for
> >>"edje_file" header
> >>/usr/local/bin/edje_cc: Error. Unable to load image "icon.png"
> >>used by file
> >>"../../../src/modules/conf_randr/e-module-conf_randr.edj": File
> >>(or file path) does not exist. Check if path to file "icon.png"
> >>is correct (both directory and file name).
> >>make[4]: *** [e-module-conf_randr.edj] Error 255
> >>
> I'm sorry. I thought gut produced a hexdump of the image as a patch.
> It did in my previous patch.
> I'll check again tomorrow, if I can.

Getting another icon over is trivial enough. Just wanted to let you
and maybe other testers know the problems I run into.

> >Hmm, either I'm to tired to think straight enough or something strange
> >is going on here. I dropped in another icon and the edje compiled
> >fine. Complete E rebuild and install and no sign of and randr module
> >in modules neither any config options in the settings panel (no
> >surprise if the module is not loaded).
> >
> >Is the any magic I'm missing to get the module show up? Its installed
> >in the same folder as all the other E modules already checked that.
> Yeah, that's a weird issue I also faced. I need to fix it. See
> whether it shows up in the system modules list. If not use
> 'enlightenment_remote -module-load conf_randr' and '-module-enable
> conf_randr' for now.

At least I'm not the only one facing this issue. :)

This trick indeed gets me the module in the settings panel. Sadly it
crashes E immediately if I want to open the randr settings.

Whats the svn version you are testing this code against? I'm on head
from yesterday here (61903).

> I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I think it's because of
> wrong naming, or changes to the module API.

Could be. Depending on how other stuff works out today I may also have
a look myself.

regards
Stefan Schmidt