On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 20:41:15 +0200 Tomas Cech <tc...@suse.cz> said:

> >E can;t go changing kernel module options. it is not root, nor does it even
> >know HOW to change it as it will vary from distro to distro and user to user
> >as to how they have config files set up. also e cant CHANGE the modules as
> >it's already started and kernel modules are up and running and u cant unload
> >and re-load once already in use. this is entirely out of our hands. it's not
> >even out job to figure out what gfx card or driver you have - they all are
> >meant to export the same api and features via x and opengl. opengl tells us
> >what extensions are and are not supported in a generic way.
>
> Please, stop reminding me how stupid I'm that I sent it to -devel
> mailing list and not -users.

(sorry i assumed since you were coming from suse and doing packages you wanted
US to do fixes/workarounds of driver bugs - i.e. do what u did with an echo
in code in a given situation). :)

what you found is a driver bug. :) you REALLY REALLY REALLY should be filing
bug reports with the driver writers. :) i'm trying to encourage you not to just
mail here and have people do their own private work-arounds, or hope the
developers will do in-app/evas workarounds, but make sure the actual problem is
resolved at the driver level. :)

if we have a bug in efl/e, i'd hope you file/report bugs with us so we fix it
instead of work around them in packages+patches or other things. :)