On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net> wrote:
> Am Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:54:39 -0300 schrieb Gustavo Chaves:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> Hi.
>>

>> > I've some special widgets which I couldn't assemble from other
>> > existing widgets (rotary). So I like to create a new one. Could you
>> > tell me the way how to do this?
>> >
>> > Should I create a new one in elementary/src/lib/ (I won't commit it
>> > without permission!) or is there some elementary-extras library in
>> > PROTO? Or should I create a private lib on top of elementary for my
>> > special widgets?
>> >

>> No. Just create it inside your application's code. Just include
>> elm_widget.h, define ELM_INTERNAL_API_ARGESFSDFEFC so it won't bitch
>> at you, and use the elm_widget_* api to assemble it, just like the
>> other ones.
>
> Hm, but I would need to do an external to include it in edj files. I
> don't think this would work if I do it exclusive in my applications.
>
> How do I inform edje external about the presence of my new widget? Do
> I've to register it somewhere?

Edje EXTERNAL has nothing to do with Elementary widgets. What
Elementary does is to register its widgets as externals, but every
library or application can do that!

It is a regular shared object placed in the expected directory
following the API. Consider using emotion as an example:

http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/browser/trunk/emotion/src/edje_external

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems