Hi Raster,
I think, Sumanth's question is about having EDC group with different
Parts in different layer ( with in same canvas, Window ).  In General
EDC Group parts are layered based on the order its declared.  Can we add
one more property in EDC  part description for Layer level ( similar to
EDC part source2...source6, which is placed above layer of  the TEXTBLOCK )

His question is about with in one window/canvas, and Edje object itself
gets a user defined layer level from EDC and placing a part on that
layer.  Do you consider this as violation of encapsulation?  EDC part
source2 does almost the same... :)

Regards,
Govind