it's time for beta. i want everyone to hold back on svn for the next 24hrs to
give it settling time until i mark out the beta tomorrow. don't make any
changes that are anything but minor typos in documentation or readme's etc. in
the next 12-18hrs or so can u look over NEWS, Changelog, README and other doc
files to checks its all good. the plan as of now is this. we put out this beta,
and next tuesday evening (my time) we put out a release and svn trunk goes back
to devel mode, patches to releases go into the branches. etc.