On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:59:12 -0300 Leandro Pereira <lean...@profusion.mobi>
said:

> Raster,
>
> On 06/12/2012 12:58 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:46:07 -0300 Leandro Pereira <lean...@profusion.mobi>
> > said:

> >> Up-to-date EFL here, and Terminology looks like this, regardless of the
> >> font being used: http://i.imgur.com/5qJ0s.png
> >>
> >> (Arch Linux x86 here, BTW.)
> >
> > i'm wondering if your freetype has a bitmap font handling issue?
> >

> I don't know -- selecting a TTF font works, and some other bitmap fonts
> are kind of working (like 'cursor.pcf', although the kerning seems
> random, it is readable). I'm using the default version that comes with
> the distribution. Any particular test I could perform besides
> terminology to see if this is a freetype problem or an evas bug?

ftview the pcf files? (ftview - tool comes with freetype)

> My text editor (joe) has different output from xterm, vte, and rxvt; I

what you have there is a font issue in evas. why - i don't know. it seesm to
have gotten some font size metrics, only then to not have any bitmap data for
the font. it works on all my boxes with the default configured font. other
pcf's only work *IF* u set the size right too. i need to fix this in evas. (ie
when loading a bitmap font, size is ignored and bitmap font file's size is
used - there is logic to handle this case in evas - ie if font only supplies 1
or a few sizes, pick the closest to the size u requested, but it seems to not
work).

> don't know who is right. It is certainly usable, but I'm not sure who is
> correctly handling the escape sequences. I can provide screenshots later
> if you want, comparing xterm, rxvt, vte, and terminology. Is this
> perhaps related to $TERM being different and the editor adapting itself
> to whatever it knows it works on that particular terminal?

TERM is set to xterm in terminology. it pretends to be xterm.

> Also, it doesn't seem to work properly with a keyboard layout with
> deadkeys. I need to press the spacebar to get a "'" (or some other
> letter, like "a" to get an "รก") which is very useful on a shell. Right
> now, pressing "'" on my US-Intl keyboard gives me an acute accent (tick?
> back-backtick?) instead, which is wrong.

it's key handling is REALLY simple. no input method handling at all. not
surprising here.

> Another thing: it crashed here after a few minutes. No debug symbols and
> no core file so it shouldn't help much, but maybe this might shed some
> light:

would need valgrind for this. :)