On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:59:55 -0300 Wido <wido...@gmail.com> said:

> > >     - multiple windows and/or tabs
> >
> > right now this is right on the end of a list of features as frankly i'm not
> > happy with the 1 process goes down and ALL my terminals go thing that
> > gnome-terminal does. as for tabs - don't use TABS... be imaginative. i was
> > thinking a thumbnail-like chooser - wp2 style with a quick select bar with
> > smaller thumb on mouseover the top of the term or something.
>
> I haven't used gnome terminal, but do use konsole (which would be the
> K-same). It does has tabs, but never faced "i'm not happy with the 1 process
> goes down and ALL my terminals go thing that gnome-terminal does".
>
> I do like tabs, I use it with multiple konsole windows as well. What I would
> like is the ability to play with tabs, the same way chrome does.  Attaching
> and dettaching as I please, please.
>
> I liked the thumbnail-like chooser, but I'm thinking maybe just one button
> that shows thums, instead of a bar (that usually annoys me)

i want to keep the default ui as button/tab/bar etc. free as possible. terminal
with text. switching terminal widgets/controls and what not will most likely
all be done by mouseover on some area or key-combo to bring it up. terminals,
imho, are for advanced enough users where they can figure this out - especially
if they want "tabs and stuff". terminals are not "for your grandma" (it give
them a terminal and they are then confused when they see no tab widgets or
menus because they want to access these. terminals are things that either scare
a user off instantly because its way too complex/techie, or it's EXACTLY what
they were after and they can cope with this).