On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 01:14:34 +0900 Daniel Juyung Seo <seojuyu...@gmail.com> said:

> I am sick and tired of hearing that "EFL code sucks" because of those
> missing exception handlings.

and do these people bitch about libc too? checking the programmers bad and
non-sensical input is a nicety we do in some places. it is a NICETY! not a
requirement. libc sees it as a luxury and almost never does it. my bet is they
don't complain about libc. they simply want to pass blame away from their own
mistake and thus will say "well efl sucks".

if we do any checking it should be consistent throughout a library. e_dbus
doesn't check most input as it's a thin wrapper. any checks should use
standard/common infrastructure where appropriate so it can be a macro and
compiled out for speed reasons or change behavior (eg call abort() on every
incorrect input to guarantee you get a crash and a backtrace to fix it). a
simple 'if (!string) return NULL;' is more likely to hide nasty bugs and make
them much harder to find. there is no complaint to stout/err. there is no way
to force a backtrace (abort) etc.