On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:47:25 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> yup. this is going to be a general issue to solve in the build tree.
> we need to ensure the new efl tree can compile and bootstrap itself
> on a system wih zero previous efl. this is going to be tricky once we
> get to running eet, epp, embryo_cc and edje_cc. we need a general
> solutin to these.

The solution I have seen in a couple of places is to have a two stage
build.  First build the tools you will need to build the rest, building
them for the host system if cross compiling.  Then use those tools to
build it all, including building the tools once more.  The tools built
during the first pass can be cut down versions, only enough to be able
to build the rest.  For instance, edje_cc probably wont need Lua
support for the first pass.