On Nov 18, 2012, at 11:17 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> … as of e18 as we are compositing only and will totally rely on the fact that
> we can paint the entire screen as we see fit. l

I have been unable to get compositing to work on OSX.

When I build ecore it configures with:

Ecore_X (Xlib backend).......: yes
    Xcursor....................: yes
    Xkb........................: yes
    Xprint.....................: yes
    Xinerama...................: yes
    Xrandr.....................: yes
    Xgesture...................: no
    Xscreensaver...............: yes
    Xrender....................: yes
    Xcomposite.................: yes

When I run e, I get the dialog: "Your X display does not support the XComposite
extension or Ecore was build without XComposite support…"

Any idea why?

-Dave