On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:18:39 +0100 thomasg <tho...@gstaedtner.net> said:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Enlightenment SVN
> <no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:
> > Log:
> > fix "long press" on label to triggewr rename after mouse release IF
> >   held down for > 0.4 sec.
> >

> Imho, triggering the rename on mouse up is counter-intuitive.
> On Desktops, the most common behavior is the Windows one with rename
> on mouse up _without_ timer (though it only happens on already
> selected items, which is why I think most people don't even know about
> it).
> On Mobile, the most common behavior for item interaction (though not
> renaming alone) is on mouse _down_ with timer.
>
> The way E behaves here just seems random and magic as there is no
> indicator that a rename might be triggered.

valid complaint before: EVERY click on the text of an icon - in icon or list
mode entered rename mode. this was totally unusable. the other problem is if
done purely on timeout if mouse pressed for long enough, is we have event
problems with bits of efm/evas still thinking the mouse is pressed on something
when it is not. this is a workaround. third - u still have the click+drag +drop
and this needs to work with that. if u PRESS a second time on a selected item u
need to NOT start rename IF u start dragging - thus the timeout.

> Is this really the intended behavior?
>
> On another note: when rename happens after mouse up, if the
> single-click action is set, it will still open the file.

aah crap. this means in code... it needs to use a job, and the job needs to
force signal processing and if edit mode was started- then abort single click
"activation"... gar... signal/timing/async race condition issue atm.