If you install applications to a directory that is not the standard
XDG applications, then you must fix that with the variable
XDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/:/opt/e17/share" if you
install to "/opt/e17".

See
http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html#variables

You may also see if EConnMan show in the Application's menu, it should
if it's found. You guys should stop running E17 from SVN with hackish
scripts and use distribution packages. Plenty of them about the recent
alpha releases.

Regards,
-- Gustavo

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Simon <si...@simotek.net> wrote:
> I am not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my setup so i will post
> here rather then creating a trac ticket straight away.
> Whenever i go to settings from the connman module i get the Error This
> module wants to execute an external application EConnMan that does not
> exist. Please install.
> Currently i have only tested this against alpha5 but both against 1.7.2 and
> trunk,
> In /usr/share/applications/econnman.desktop i have the file attached.
> Applications->Internet->Administration includes EConnman and EConnman with
> agent.
> I noticed e/src/modules/connman/e_mod_main.c
> contains on line 231    Efreet_Desktop *desktop =
> efreet_util_desktop_name_find("EConnMan");
> Would it be a issue in this line or in the desktop file or environment I am
> not at all familiar with how these files work but i am learning so any help
> would be appreciated. I have a build from source so i am happy to help
> debug.
> Cheers,
> Simon

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri