I ran into an issue this afternoon that gave me all sorts of headaches
until I sorted through some debug output.

It seems that when I have an elementary.Entry with password = True (so it
puts * over the characters a few seconds after they are typed) and I call
the entry_get() function on this Entry box - if the last letter of the
password is still visible (hasn't become a * yet) then the text that
returns looks like:

"mypasswor<password=off>d</password>"

Is it intended that entry_get() returns the text in this manner? If so I
will simply strip it out myself - just wanted to confirm that is the
desired behavior though.

--
~Jeff Hoogland <http://jeffhoogland.com/>
Thoughts on Technology <http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/>, Tech Blog