On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Tom Hacohen <t...@stosb.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <
> barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, January 12, 2013, Tom Hacohen wrote:
>>
>> > I've mentioned it before, why the heck is that a configure thing and not
>> > just a make thing?
>>

>> Because it is a library and must be detected otherwise the tests won't
>> compile.
>>

> I know that. What I meant is: why is it not auto-detected and then just
> works or doesn't when you "make check"? It's not like the auto detection
> things that you only find out about in run-time, this will show up in
> compile time and saves the need to fiddle with this useless option.

it's not an useless option. If you're a developer you must do the
tests... at least that should be the point in having them. There
should be no option, we still have "--with-tests", maybe one day that
should go away and we always do them.

I know right now half of our tests are broken, but we should fix that,
not ignore them :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems