2013/1/18 Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>

> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:03:18 -0200 Bruno Dilly <bdi...@profusion.mobi>
> said:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Bruno Dilly <bdi...@profusion.mobi>
> wrote:

> something
> > >>

> > > Hey Leif,
> > >
> > > interesting issue. But looks like editable parameter is respected, if
> > > you set it to "1", you can cut text, if it's set to "0", you can't.
> > > Btw, entries are editable by default.
> > >
> > > I guess it's an issue related to focus, and it exists on 1.7.x too.
> >
> > And it's not specific to entries. Other stuff swallowed won't be
> > focused as well.
> > You can try to add a button, it won't be focused after you press it
> > (you could try to press spacebar to activate it).
> >
> > But for entries it's a major issue.
>
> the moment you use externals.. or an edje object by hand, you break elm's
> focus
> chain.

That's unfortunate.

I don't know if it's linked or not, but using edje TEXTBLOCK and its
entry_mode parameter hides the set text and isn't usable either. No way to
enter text.
I've attached an EDC that shows it perfectly. Once you uncomment the
'entry_mode' line, the text will disappear and you won't be able to enter
text either.

In hope that I've just been misunderstanding something,

Leif

> -
> experts.
> > >>

> > > --