$ git branch -r
  origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  origin/enlightenment-0.17
  origin/master

There should be a branch of the 0.17.0 release and another for the 0.17.1 ?
or maybe in tags... what is the workflow that we should have for
"development status" (equivalent to up-to-date svn) ? maybe we should have
a branch for experimental features and another for fixes in a development
topic (branch) and another for the stable topic ?

Is this discussed somewhere or not really decided yet ?