Hello,

while developing I reviewed again the evas module loader.

quote file/evas_module.c:

   /* 1. ~/.evas/modules/ */
   path = eina_module_environment_path_get("HOME", "/.evas/modules");
   evas_module_paths = _evas_module_append(evas_module_paths, path);

   /* 2. $(EVAS_MODULE_DIR)/evas/modules/ */
   path = eina_module_environment_path_get("EVAS_MODULES_DIR",
   "/evas/modules"); if (eina_list_search_unsorted(evas_module_paths,
   (Eina_Compare_Cb) strcmp, path)) free(path);
   else
     evas_module_paths = _evas_module_append(evas_module_paths, path);

One question:

If one write an GUI application with edje that offers to configure some
system states and I allow this application to run as root (e.g. super
user bit set) or some other way. Then one could get root only by writing
an custom evas module that implements e.g. the software_x11 and place it
into $(EVAS_MODULE_DIR)/modules, not?

>From my feeling this opens a system more than needed. At least the
search order for evas modules needs to be switched to first search in
system directory and later in $HOME.

But maybe I'm complete wrong because running an application with a way
to get root permission also includes this risk...

regards
        Andreas

--
Technical Blog <http://andreasvolz.wordpress.com/>