Hello,

sorry for all the problems we seem to be having with our server at the
moment, but right now your root filesystem has run full...again.

0 03:08:11 e5-phabricator1 ~ # df -h
rootfs          5.0G  5.0G     0 100% /
/dev/root       5.0G  5.0G     0 100% /
tmpfs           954M  376K  954M   1% /run
udev             10M     0   10M   0% /dev
shm             954M     0  954M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/vdb1        50G   12G   36G  25% /srv
none            128M     0  128M   0% /tmp
0 03:08:12 e5-phabricator1 ~ #

It's not that we don't have more space, we have tons of space.

I truncated /var/log/phabricator/daemons.log which grew to smashing 1.3
Gigs. Last time it was a different file in /var/log that caused the root
fs to fill up. :-(

I would LOVE for this machine to
a) get more space on /. And put /var/log and /var/tmp on a different
partition. There is no need we have to cripple ourselves like that.
There are SO many issues that arise from this.
Sendmail didn't work because of this issue - for day now. We really
DON'T have to sabotage ourselves like that.

b) be monitored by someone on a regular basis. I thought there was a
munin/nagios installation somewhere. I thought there are mails sent if
disk runs low (that was what I was told some time ago). If not - install
munin and make it public. Everyone can take turns monitoring RAM and
disk usage. It's better than what we have right now.

Regards,
Daniel