On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 22:32:00 -0200 Rafael Antognolli <antogno...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
>> wrote:

>> > the tag will be on the 1.8 branch - so possibly you need to switch to it.
>>
>> That shouldn't be necessary, and actually doesn't show the tags to me.
>>
>> Is there anyone else who can't see the v1.8.1 tag, or is it just me?
>
> http://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/
>
> cgit can see it.

Doug is right. The tagged commit is not in the efl-1.8 branch (not
even on master).

This is the 1.8.1 commit on efl-1.8 branch:
https://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/commit/?h=efl-1.8&id=2af23d998a3be6dc4ef6e9c48d0927821d808014

And this is the commit that was tagged as v1.8.1:
https://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/commit/?id=dbc8e3cef9a414bf55dba3f3ddf4e08b85c48b1e

They are different commits.

And I don't know why, but it appears on cgit but doesn't on a local
branch unless you fetch with --tags. I tried to clone the repository
again, in a new location, and it still doesn't show the tag. Maybe
it's because it's not in any branch, so no reason to fetch the tag.