Hello.

On Sun, 2014-04-13 at 12:53, Tom Hacohen wrote:

> I figure we are doing this to get higher coverage values/more real/catch
> some tiny more issues, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Might be a good idea
> to make it sane (default, or at least info, not debug). I know, things
> might break without us noticing in some debug paths, but it's not worth.

Eveything we don't run regulary will bitrot. E.g. I just tried to run
make examples in efl triggered due to T1161 and I get a different
error with missing evas_table.eo.legacy.h which basically means we
will ahve at leats two problem in make examples right now.

This should be no blame but showing that everything that gets not run
at least a day will bitrot.

If you think the debug paths are not worth to run them we should go
ahead and remove them instead of having code nobody uses.

> A better idea, would maybe, if we really want it, to have a "make
> debug-coverage" that can be used on the buildbot, I don't know. Though it's
> really annoying for clients, and they should, if they wanna test for
> coverage in that case, just set the env var.
>
> Any thoughts?

Why make it more complicated? I see two things we can do here to fix
the problems we currently have:

1) Produce less noise in eolian with debug enabled. Daniel and his
team are already looking into this.

2) Remove noisy debug in other areas and remove debug paths if they
are worthless.

As a band aid until 1) is done I removed the debug flag for coverage
builds.

regards
Stefan Schmidt