On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 11:08:40 -0400 Roan Horning <roan.horn...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing an application using the Elementary widget set. I am able
> to set up the interface either directly in my code, or using edje and
> compiling an .edc file. I am having problems figuring out where the size of
> the label text for a button is configured, and if there is a direct method
> to set it for the button itself, or a more general object that controls the
> size of widget labels.

the button will use whatever font, size and look is defined in the theme. you
are not intended/meant to go have such fine grained control (in almost all
cases such control is wrong and just leads to poor results for users - eg when
dpi changes or the designer decides to go for overall larger, smaller or
different fonts etc.). users get to override your app choices etc. via their
options too.

what you should do is set style. several button styles are provided by default,
and the idea is that this style can be re-designed in the theme by the designer
when/if they choose.

stand back and don't think of font size. that is a result, not an input. what
is the input? the concept? the semantics of the button? is it means to be an
"emergency" button (thus be large, red and easy to find, but of course warning
you to only press in an emergency), or a "default action" button - ie mark it
as something done by default (a font size change is just a design decision that
would make default buttons have different sizes, if a designer desired).

you want to use a style to indicate some kind of meaning probably. look into
that.