On 01/04/15 22:38, Andrew Williams wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> THanks for clarifying here - it's great that the theme breakages is not
> expected to be an issue any more.
> In that sense this is a great time to move forward with such a scheme :)
> On the other hand do we have an expected time that the E widgets move to
> Elementary? (as that would be the next great opportunity ;))

E widgets are now mostly replaced by elm widgets as far as I know.
That'll be included in the e20 release. It doesn't matter though, as a
theme should include elementary anyway, and that will just work
"automatically" as I don't think there were any new styles defined as
part of the move. Not sure though.

> In terms of setting up such a system I agree that doing so under the E
> domains makes the most sense.
> Does a requirements document of some sort (wiki / phab ticket) exist
> such that we could task someone with getting this set up? I'm sure that
> I'm not the only person on this list who likes a bit of API / web
> development when not burried in render pipelines and C widgets ;)

Ask beber, he's our sysadmin.

> On that note actualy I was wondering, alongside the great docs on the
> feature request list and release plan documents for EFL and
> Enlightenmnet is there a high level overview of the objectives the
> project has around things like this - new supporting tools / sites /
> platforms - porting / distributiing and community development? If not
> then could we make somethign like that to help less core-c developers
> get involved in the project in a meaningful and visibly constructive manner?

No high level plans. Things change often. Easiest way to help is to fix
bugs (and discuss solutions on irc/ml).

--
Tom.