On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:09:10 +0900
Jean-Philippe André <j...@videolan.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Jean-Philippe André <j...@videolan.org>
> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Stefan Schmidt <ste...@datenfreihafen.org
> > > wrote:

> >> cancel
> >> issue. so
> >> the issue
> >> loop and
> >> >
> >> See, my mail about it. I cc'ed her and quoted the problem Dave reported.
> >> JP seems also to look into it.
> >

> > I couldn't reproduce the issue (with E 19.5 and EFL git). Weird.
> >
> > Anyways I think Ji-Youn will try to reproduce more and protect the new
> > feature with an environment variable if necessary. But after talking to
> > her, the feature should indeed not change behaviour (in theory).
> >

> I tested EFL git with E 19.5. In Xephyr and natively.
> Went to Settings and clicked some checkboxes around without seeing any
> particular issue. (On the other hand right click in the shelf would crash
> badly.)
>
> IMHO, E 19.6 was a bad release wrt. this issue, but 19.7 fixes it.
> What matters here is to verify that EFL 1.15 does not introduce an
> app-breaking behaviour change.
>
> Mike, would you mind sharing more details on this issue?
> Is it actually relevant?

There were a number of issues here, and the only case I found which triggered
them was to run Enlightenment with click focus policy (due to how x11 grabs are
used. The reporter of the issue for 19.6 was using this, as do I, which is why
it was easy for us to notice.

IIRC there were two main issues:

1) mouse event sequencing was rewritten - previous behavior when clicking the
  mouse went something like DOWN UP, but now if there is a modified down event
  (eg. DOUBLE DOWN), "fake" UP events are added before each new DOWN. This
  caused internal windows to interpret clicks differently in certain cases,
  such as checkbox widgets behaving as though each single click was a double
  click. Also after a click, the mouse button would be locked in the DOWN
  position at the original coordinates, preventing clicks from triggering
  anywhere else on the canvas

2) fake events were added regardless of device - the way that the new UP events
  were added involved keeping track of the state of the mouse button, but no
  information about which device was pressed was tracked. This resulted in
  issues where multiple input devices would start triggering events for each
  other, as well as conflicts between different EE engine events.

#1 was worked around by both [adding special case behavior for internal windows
so that x11 grabs would apply differently and not send events] and [blocking
events on internal window canvases during a compositor grab]. The 19.6-7
releases have the first fix, and the second one is pending for a 19.8 release.

#2 I made some changes to ee-input to track device state so that at least there
would not be conflicts between devices/engines. No other behavioral changes
were made in this commit.

All "current" versions of Enlightenment (E19, E-git) will require changes to
continue functioning as expected if this EFL behavior is rolled back.