On Sun, Sep 06, 2015, Jeff Hoogland wrote:
> Adrien,
>
> Is there any chance pyefl could be included in win-builds? I've tried a few
> times now to get it to compile, but my lack of experience building on this
> platform has left me without anything to show from it.
>
> Would really love my pyefl apps to be cross platform.

So far the reason not to have python in win-builds is the lack of
support by Python upstream for GCC-based toolchains on Windows.

I've looked around a bit and opensuse has such a package, using more
than *6000* lines of patches. I was aware of GCC builds of Python but I
was a bit dubious of the quality of the corresponding patches. At least
some of the ones in opensuse are from Fridrich Strba and I trust him a
lot. I'll still need to get in touch with him and actually read the
patches a bit before I can say whether this is doable for the current
release or not.

--
Adrien Nader