I need to do this via application code - not by editing the EDC files. My
goal is to display the automatically created EDJ files that Enlightenment
spits out with its wallpaper tool.

There has to be a way to do this right? The E wallpaper tool seems to use a
custom widget and not built in elementary / edje tools.