i'm wondering... shouldn't we make eo and eo base "threadsafe". ie a basic eo
object should have locks around things like:

eo_ref/unref/del
eo_ref_get
eo_parent_set/get
eo_finalized_get
eo_wref_add/del
eo_key_data_set/get/del
eo_key_obj_set/get/del
eo_event_thaw/freeze
eo_event_callback_(priority_)add/del
eo_event_callback_array_(priority_)add/del
eo_event_callback_call
eo_event_callback_forwarder_add/del
eo_dbg_info_get
eo_children_iterator_new
eo_data_xref_internal
eo_data_xunref_internal
eo_del_intercept_set/get
eo_xref_internal
eo_xunref
eo_manual_free_set

i think that's it - i'm looking at the calls that will be used DURING the
lifetime of an object. i dont see we need to have locks about constructor and
destruction related stuff because at the point you want to delete an obj you
should not be using it anywhere else at that point anyway and should have
handled any race conditions by then. and construction ... it doesn't even
"exist" yet do you couldn't be using it from another thread.... yet :)

anyway - my q is - should we have a spinlock or mutex (or both) or something for
the above?