On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 20:28:59 +0200 Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it> said:

> > > Good catch!
> > > It seems to be a dependency of libraw.
> > >
> > > Not sure if it's a problem with my distro or if RAW should be disabled by
> > > default.
> > > pkg-config --libs libraw shows -lopenmp even though I somehow could
> > > install libraw without openmp.
> > >
> > > Also we might need to check for libraw AND openmp? Or is libraw badly
> > > packaged in arch?
> > >

> > The generic loaders merge adds a lot of new dependencies for efl (spectre,
> > librsvg, cairo, openmp, libraw, ...).
> > It seems they shouldn't be built by default?
> >

> I really think that svg (librsvg->cairo) and pdf (poppler) must be on by
> default,
> without them your efl apps cannot render pdf and svg, and I consider those
> file types important for a decent desktop experience.
>
> Maybe we can make raw (libraw->openmp) and ps (libspectre) off by default,
> but also in this case I think they should be enabled, to encourage their
> usage
> and testing.
> Otherwise we will get users to report bugs like: ephoto cannot show the
> raw images from my camera... etc.

forget openmp. that seems to be a distro specific issue with build options.
arch certainly needs no openmp for libraw. i think libraw being on by default
is worth it for sure because fo the exact reason you give above. --disable it i
you dont want it.

libspectre is a little more of an edge case. pdf has pretty much supplanted ps
by now so i would say it's not that common... and i am sure someone will go "but
but i have ps files". there is always someone. :) the question is - what is the
right balance of making it a "required by default but able to be disabled"
option vs "requiring enablement".