On 10/26/2016 07:43 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 24/10/16 19:42, Cedric BAIL wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Stefan Schmidt <ste...@osg.samsung.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You still hope this?
>>
>> Nope. Not anymore, should have updated this thread last week. We have
>> been unable to secure someone to work on genlist/gengrid and it will
>> not be done for 1.19. Blocking on efl interface to be done for 1.19 is
>> now useless in my opinion (or wishfull thinking). I think we would be
>> even fine with a shorter dead line. Just let me merge eo/efl/ecore and
>> that would be the only really important change for this release.
>

> Thanks for the update. I will see if Andy and Simon still have problems
> with this approach, but if not I will propose an updated 1.19 release
> plan without interface being declared stable today.
>
> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

A question worth asking is what are the other features lined up for this
release and are people in a hurry to use them? Remembering that bug
fixes for wayland and anything else should be coming into the point
releases and so aren't held up if there is a bunch of good useful
features that are held up then sure release now and i'll hold off on
packaging all the stuff using eo and I guess it will be up to the
maintainers to finish off the interfaces. But if all the major new
features are centered around the newer api rather then legacy then
there's no point in a 1.19 yet as nothing can really use its new
features until interfaces are declared stable anyway.

After the interfaces are stable I think it does make sense to go back to
time based releases. If everybody else wants to release now thats fine
i'll just put off packaging any eo based app until I know which release
the eo interfaces will be stable in.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30