On 10/28/2016 04:37 AM, Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) wrote:
> Hmm, maybe it is related to the issue I reported these days, can you please
> try the steps I and see what  you got?
>
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T4730
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Jeff Hoogland <jeffhoogl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Finally getting with the times and upgrading to the latest EFL in Bodhi
>> since it doesn't cause hard locks with E17 anymore. I am having a much more
>> minor issue with some of our themes though. Text doesn't appear to take
>> space properly any more for certain objects like it did with previous EFL
>> versions.
>>
>> Screenshot:
>> https://cdn.scrot.moe/images/2016/10/27/shot-2016-10-27_13-28-32.jpg
>>
>> The module highlighted in the corner is the clock module. It just displays
>> "..." instead of the time like it did with previous EFL versions I used it
>> with.
>>
>> The everything launcher also displays "..." instead of the text you are
>> searching for once I type more than a single character.
>>
>> Theme source is here -> https://github.com/JeffHoogland/MokshaForum
>>
>> Someone else did the bulk of work on these and I am just trying to patch
>> them up as issues like this appear. Any suggestions on where to look to fix
>> these text sizing issues with EFL 1.18?

At a guess if the clock etc is just a text part (label) you probably
need to add "text.ellipsis: -1;" so that the text doesn't get truncated
with ..., this isn't exactly a new efl change though, its atleast 2
years old from memory and all the newer themes were patched to fix it at
one point or another. My guess is when you compile you get a bunch of
warnings about places where it needs fixing.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30