Hi Andrew,

after a brew update and another round of efler, everything seems to be fine.

[CLONE] efl
[BUILD] efl
[INST ] efl
[PULL ] efler
[BUILD] efler
[INST ] efler
[GUI  ] Running efler application

I could compile efl without trouble, and could run the UI :)
Have you tried to re-run efler after removing the efl repository? I still
think your problem comes from openssl not being forced linked by homebrew
(I don't have anything better to propose :/)

Jean