Hello.

On 09/22/2017 04:12 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> it would be better to #ifndef -> #define in our header, better than
> doing this kind of patch

"This kind of patch" here is a fix for people not running latest libcheck. Your
team introduced this break by using the new features but not
bumping the required version. :)

Why would we do our own macro copies of this libcheck functionality? The change
is super simple and the new functions names do not really
safe anything in my opinion. While you do not have to type NULL you have to
type a a longer function name.

I do not find the new names much clearer either so the benefit is really tiny,
if at all.

If you want to use these function (you or your team mates introduced them
before in some tests and we did the same patch to help other
people compile again) figure out which distros already run 0.11 and we can see
if we simply bump the requirements version if all latest
distro releases have it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt