Il giorno Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:50:40 +0100 Kim scrisse:

> Massimo Maiurana wrote:
> > Il giorno Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:55:10 +0100 Kim scrisse:
> >

> >>E can remember settings.
> >

> > ...sometimes :)
> >
> > seriously, seems that I'm not able to make E remembering some
> > things.
> >
> > I have an E-exec epplet that spawns always unshaded and on the
> > normal stacking layer, no matter what I set in the remember dialog,
> > and I also have a gkrellm window that always places in 0x0 position
> > instead of where I want it to be, i.e. 721x0.
> >
> Epplets should startup in layer 2, i.e. below. My E-Exec cannot shade.

my e-exec, like most of the windows I have on desktop, is set to use a
pager-like border. this is the reason why I can shade it with a click.

I set it to be "on top" (layer 20?) and asked E to remember its
stacking, shadeness and border. the ~/...e.somthing.snapshot file seems
to report the values I did choose, but indeed only the border is set up
correctly.

all these things did work in E16.5

> I suspect you are using an old or broken epplet.

epplets 0.7! maybe the startup layer, along with shadeness, cannot be
set with remember dialog, even if it was possible with older epplet
package?

> Gkrellm can remember a lot of settings, I suggest you check them.

I tried, but no luck :(
the weird thing is that gkrellm really starts in the correct position,
but a moment later it moves to the upper left corner of the desktop.

thanks, anyway :)

--
        Massimo Maiurana   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
          Linux RU #245612  RM #127258  keyID #7044D601

Articolo 11 - L'Italia ripudia la guerra come strumento di offesa alla
libertà degli altri popoli e come mezzo di risoluzione delle
controversie internazionali; consente, in condizioni di parità con gli
altri Stati, alle limitazioni di sovranità necessarie ad un ordinamento
che assicuri la pace e la giustizia fra le Nazioni; promuove e favorisce
le organizzazioni internazionali rivolte a tale scopo.