On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:51:30 +1100 Fir3nuk3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi all,
>
> I've hunted through the mailing list archives, and I can't find any similar
> results, so please, don't hate me...
>
> I'm trying to add a 'drop-shadow' border image to  a window under E16, and I
> can't get it to blend(just goes from black to transparent in one step).
>
> Can E16's image rendering handle a 'png' image that fades from solid black to
> completely transparent, and blend it smoothly with the window underneath?
> Does it need to be 8bit, 16bit, 24bit?
>
> Or do I get E17 building under FreeBSD, and take advantage of newer rendering
> capabilities...

the problem is X cannot do blending between windows. thus e16 can't, thus e17
can't. so your drop shadow will be4 either solid or transparent - nothing in
between. :(

> FN
> --
>  9:45AM  up 8 days, 17:04, 4 users, load averages: 2.22, 2.25, 2.21

熊耳 - 車君 (数田)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)