On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:54:47 +0100 Andrej Kacian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
(B
(B> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:16:57 +0900
(B> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(B>
(B> > if i had the time... i'd do a distro. just for myself of all people! :) i'd
(B> > love to actually do a distro that's stripped down - no "apache" no "mysql"
(B> > no"openldap" in fact no gimp, etc. basically just what u need to install,
(B> > log in, and run a terminal, download some files, maybe browse a website or
(B> > 3, read e-mail. all things like "gimp" would be add-on packages (of course
(B> > an easy to use package fetcher would be included), but all of this is a
(B> > side-line. i'd like to make it ULTRA FAST to boot. make it boot in about 3-5
(B> > seconds to your login manager. this is perfectly possible. in fact it can be
(B> > done in under seconds if you REALLY want (it's been done) :)
(B>
(B> Since you included the clause "if i had the time", I suggest you take a look
(B> at Gentoo. It's pretty much what you describe. I don't know about fast booting
(B> though, I never considered it a priority.
(B>
(B> PS: Let's hope this won't turn into a distro war now :)
(B
(Bdefinitely not! no distro wars here. everyone has their preferences. right now i
(Bhave debian installed and i'm not going to try gentoo as that'd mean a
(Bre-install. i might try it when i have a spare box and spare time... i'm not
(Breally into waiting days for my system to compile though...
(B
(Bbut i guess the real thread here was "is there an e based distro" or "e
(Bfriendly" one. i'd love to do a mini distro for e - for a lean desktop - all
(Bclean and spotless.
(B
(B--
(B------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
(BThe Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
$B7'<*(B - $Bhttp://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1356&alloc_id=3438&op=click
(Benlightenment-users mailing list
(B[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Bhttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/enlightenment-users