On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:50:55 +0000 Ant Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in using Evas for my embedded application.  I run on an XScale
> platform, Linux 2.4 kernel.  The features of Evas seem perfect for what I
> need, but before I go further, can anyone advise on the following:
>
> - How easy will it be to cross-compile evas for my xscale / arm cpu?

trivial. i in-fact compiled, evas, ecore and edje (cross-compiled) yesterday,
using the skiff cross-compile suite you can download from handhelds.org. i
cross-compiled for ARM.

> - Are there any special compilation options which I should be aware of?

have u spotted the make_cross_compile_arm.sh scripts in cvs? :):):) heheheh

> - Does Evas have to run on top of X or can I compile it for direct frame
> buffer usage?  If so, how?

i use it for fb - i use a combo of evas, ecore to get events, fb handling,
keyboard and mouse. warning the mouse drivers in ecore_fb are very limited so it
may require you to add more support for a particular touchscreen device of yours
or pointer device, if you have one. you can also run it in x - but you will get
about a 20% speed hit as a result :(

> - From where should I download a suitable version of Evas?  I'm not familiar
> with CVS but I believe I'll have to become so!??

i suggest cvs - its always up to date - though it changes often. if you have
problems and we fix it - the fixes will go right into cvs so its the fastest
place to get updates - we might do a snapshot release

> And finally, is anyone out there already already running Evas in their
> embedded arm application?  If so I'd love to hear from you.

me! :)

btw:

http://www.rasterman.com/files/eem.tgz

you will need from cvs:

e17/libs/eet
e17/libs/evas
e17/libs/ecore
e17/libs/edje

i have it running on my ipaq sitting right next to me. return opens the menu,
arrow keys to navigate. return selects a menu item/submenu. settings->wallpaper
is all that works right now. this is more of a demo...

> thanks
> Ant

熊耳 - 車君 (数田)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)