On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:41:18 -0000 Ant Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:02:11 +0900, Carsten Haitzler
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > yes. sorry about all this but evas, ecore etc. all changed dramatically
> > since
> > the presentation and documentation you have, there's explanations in the
> > new
> > evas docs u'll find in the evas src if u have doxygen installed and run:
> > ./gendoc
> > then look in doc/html doc/man etc.
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Given that I'm new to Evas, fairly new to Linux,
> and very new to cross-compiling, would it be easier for me to get going
> with the version of evas for which the demos and examples apply?  Is that
> e16?

no no - use the current cvs stuff. that old stuff wont be useful for embedded.
definitely use ccvs stuff - there's tonnes of sample code in cvs... tonnes -
including that tarball i pointed to.

get the skiff corss-compile stuff from handhelds.org install that then use the
make_cross_compiel stuff (and install the resulting arm tarballs it makes in
your skiff/local/arm-linux root)

> If I stick with E17, have you got a simply program which draws a rectangle
> or somesuch?  I could then try to get that running on my desktop i586 and
> then on my arm platform.

go to enlightenment.org - theres simple evas tutorials. also cuddletech.com has
one too. they use the new api's. yes - first get it working on x86 in a window.
it's 1 line change to make it work on the fb on your device, so u can ignore
that for a long time.

> I do appreciate all the help you're giving me.  The features of evas seem
> perfect for my application so I'm very keen to keep going with this.

:) well first - get a window - then a big box, get a few rectangles. images are
trivial to do. just remember image and fill are separate. (ie the fill specifies
how the image fills the object geometry)

熊耳 - 車君 (数田)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)