On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:29:33 +0200 The Fallen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi there!
>
> It's just a crazy idea and if it ever gets realized it'll be far in the
> future, BUT i thought it would be good to let you know about it ;) While
> searching for new ways to enhance / "candy up" a desktop it came to my
> mind to use animated backgrounds. Well, not that new i admit. It takes too
> much performance for a much too less effort. So from where could we get a
> little more functionality? I found the answer inside the wide wide net:
> flash! A relativly simple and very flexible animation/script combination.
> Now think of having a flash-powered desktop: WOW! I dont know much about
> programming and that kind of stuff, but i think flash really uses not much
> ressources although it is that powerfull. Why i post that here? Because e
> is known for it's eye-candy ;) As mentioned, just a suggestion for the
> future, but you should think about it! It'd enhance e's functionality
> greatly! Or how about an mp3-player inside your bg? :P

technically speaking - even my e17_pre snapshot already can dot that - it can't
manage windows but it CAN do animated bg's! :) that's because all that is done
in edje (see the other mails in this thread) - its a library for doing all the
theme work for e17. it can animate anything. that includes window borders
(imagine when you set focus to a window it "glints" in the sun as if it was
chrome and has just changed angle so the reflection changes or glowing pulsating
buttons in the titlebar, the titlebar slides from the right to the left going
between focused and not focused... etc. it's all already possible.) also menus,
the desktop background can be an edje file (in fact currently it ONLY is an edje
file)...

ahead of you there :) e17 is taking ages because all this kind of stuff is
already designed into the building blocks - and its working. :)

熊耳 - 車君 (数田)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)