On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:20:49 +0100 "A. S. Budden"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Thus spake Carsten Haitzler:
> > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:48:45 +0100 "A. S. Budden"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
> >
> > > Another problem I've noticed that I guess is related is that the fonts
> > > in gsview have become really big and blocky -- there's a screenshot of
> > > this problem at http://gataki.co.uk/gsview.jpg
> > >
> > > This is certainly a less irritating problem than the offset text, but
> > > I'd guess solving one would solve the other.  It's really frustrating to
> > > not be able to read the text on epplets -- for the first time since I
> > > started using enlightenment a couple of years ago, I'm seriously
> > > considering changing to a different window manager.
> > >
> > > Can anyone offer any help with this at all... please?!
> >
> > this has nothing to do with enlightenment - it looks like your font install
> > or setup has changed. enlightenment does NOTHING to try change your font
> > setup, paths etc. etc. something else has changed this.
>
> After a lot of trawling the logs for what's changed and a lot of
> restarting X to test theories (not to mention a lot of help from my
> local LUG), I've worked out what the problem is, so I thought I'd post
> in case anyone else has the same issue.
>
> I'd switched my system over to UTF-8 to enable me to use English and
> Russian together -- bash doesn't work very well, unless the LC_CTYPE is
> set appropriately, understandably.  In doing so, enlightenment was
> running with LC_CTYPE set to en_GB.UTF-8.  Changing the line in my
> .xinitrc that starts enlightenment to:
>
> LC_CTYPE=en_GB enlightenment
>
> fixed the problem of the font display.  I still think this is a problem
> with enlightenment, but I leave people who know more about these things
> to make a final decision.
>
> Hope that helps someone else someday anyway...

enlightenment 0.16.x isnt really all that good whne it comes to utf8 - but your
applications having massive fonts has is definitely your move in LC_CTYPE -
nothing to do with e... :)

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)