On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:11:09 +0200
phriedrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > I just did a grep -R -i 'xmms-config' and replaced everything there
> > with beep-config. in src/xmms.c I just replaced
> > # include <xmms/xmmsctrl.h>
> > with
> > #include <beep-media-player/bmp/beepctrl.h>
> That sounds as if beep media is very similar to xmms, I'll emerge it
> and try to build support for it directly into eloquence

indeed! xmmsctrl.h and beepctrl.h are pretty much the same.

> > also replaced gtk1.2 and glib-1.2 stuff with gtk/glib-2.0
> I don't know if that has to be done, glib is only included for having
> a variable of type gint, so gtk1 should be enough and is more likeley
> installed maybe on many systems.

beep uses gtk2. that's why i prefer using it. all in all bmp is a port
of xmms to gtk2. but if that change is really needed.. not sure...

> > then re-ran libtoolize and autogen. Anyways patch is here:
> > http://gimpel.ath.cx/~tom/eloquence-beep-0.4.patch , but note that
> > it breaks xmms support!
> > That was more a "good luck" work than really knowing what i did,
> > cause i'm no coder and knowledge is limited to the VERY basics..
> I believe the biggest problem is my insufficient knowledge of all the
> funny makefile stuff, the idea is to let configure check if beep media
> player is found, and if so, compiles support in and enables an option
> in the menu to select the player...i'll see...

Yeah that would be the best. Sorry i can't help with that either... no
real idea of it (yet). But lots of good people here on the list, maybe
someone helps out ;)

> > And yeah! eclair support would be very awesome too! :)
> Yep, but I haven't even looked in eclair's code now to check where I
> can get an entry point...
>
> Regards,
>
> Friedrich

Cheers!