On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:30:54 -0500
James McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I got this error when trying to add a module from the regular VT
> console and not from an xterm.  I've also seen this error when an
> application I was running (not E17 related but I was running E17 at
> the time) froze X and I used Alt-Backspace to restart X.  I restarted
> my computer and this fixed it up.
>
> Hope this helps!

If you are running it from a VT, the DISPLAY environment variable won't
be set, so enlightenment_remote won't know which X display running
Enlightenment you are talking about. (It's entirely possible to be
running E on two different X displays at once... how is
enlightenment_remote supposed to know which one you are talking about?)
Try either 'export DISPLAY=:0.0' before using enlightenment_remote from
a VT, or use the -display option (like 'enlightenment_remote
-display :0.0 -restart').

Jesse