something to keep in mind though.

evolume crashes E17 when alsasound daemon is stopped... which makes it kind of useless for laptops where it has to be stopped and started when the computer sleeps.

so that bug might want to be addressed before expanding evolume.

-Andrew

On 1/22/06, Thomas Kuther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:22:40 +0100
Johan Verrept <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Ok, perhaps you're right. But then the mixer needs an extension that
> >controls the sound by multmedia keys on my keyboard. The gnome
> >overlay mixer panel doesn't integrate well into E. Or does this
> >function belong to a new module?
> >

> euhm, why not use an external tool like hotkeys?
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/hotkeys/
>
> works perfectly.
>
>     J.

oops, sorry for last encrypted mail..

you don't need any hotkeys daemon, we have e17 keybindings.. amixer ..
a script ;)

but a small LED like display or a poti indeed would be cool. maybe
evolume could be enhanced to a "mini mode"