Daniel Kasak wrote:
Walter Becker wrote:

write a shell script or a shell function invoking cvs until the return code equals 0. Thats what I'm doing with success.

That's not a very responsible solution. In my books, that amounts to abuse of their service, at the very least. Keep in mind that you're not paying a cent to use their servers.

My approach is a bit more forgiving, I think:

i=2;
while (! cvs); do
sleep $i
((i=i*i)
done

exponential sleep....

Now I don't have too much knowledge of cvs and what sort of difference this approach would actually have on their systems, but at any rate, your logic is broken. Use the thinktux mirror. And if *that* one is overloaded, give it a couple of hours to clear up and then try again. There are more important things than users downloading the latest cvs and recompiling ... take developers doing a cvs update, for example.

Dan

--
Until later, Geoffrey