Raif Sarcich wrote:
if you run top - is somehting wrong. is e like usign up 2gb of ram? or is somehting eatign cpu? if so - what? or eating ram

The crash happened again yesterday and i have attached the output from top during that crash. No major RAM eating going on, but the enlightenment process was using between 61-65% cpu. And as per previous crashes, I could not kill -9 enlightenment, but was able to switch to a terminal, shut down the computer, etc, whilst there was continuous flickering disk activity. I think it was frozen bubble (!) that I was using when it crashed this time, but konqueror was open.

How old is the version of frozen-bubble? I can recall specific instances where it would lock up and really eat up cpu. I don't see that anymore on later versions. I've even tried to reproduce it.

One other thing you might consider. It could be remotely possible that our kill attempt hasn't had time to get to the process you're trying to kill. I've seen attempts at trying to kill a process take a good while when cpu usage is high.

If you can reproduce the problem, try killing frozen-bubble first. As long as you're not running out of memory, just wait a while and see if it eventually goes away.

I know that when I was having the problem with frozen-bubble, it was very specific. This happened only in chain_reaction mode as follows:

1. A marble that I had just brought down was returning up (because of the chain_reaction mode) and it was going to finish the marbles left. 2. I attempted to fire another marble whilst the aforementioned marble was returning up.

Unless you've used the chain_reaction mode, you may not understand what I've just said. Check it out though, it makes for a faster game. :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey