Jesse Luehrs wrote:
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:35:39 -0500
Curtis Napier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I disagree, how are the devs at Xorg supposed to know that this is an issue if no one tells them? I know this particular issue is very well known in the Xorg community but nevertheless, someone should file a
bug outlining what E17 needs from Xorg in order to use openGL. Call
it a feature request or whatever but Xorg needs to be informed, even
if all they say is "Sorry, can't help you" at least it will be
officially documented. This is the way FOSS works.

Somehow I can't imagine that the Xorg devs are unaware that everyone
wants GL acceleration and true transparency(: On other, less widespread
issues, I agree with you, but I know that if I were an Xorg dev, I
would have been tired of people asking about those two things about a
year ago.

Jesse

They probably are sick and tired of it. I would be if I was them. But that doesn't matter. The FOSS way is for *someone* to inform them of E17's needs. If they choose to work on that or not is up to them but if no one ever tells them E17's needs then they absolutely *WON'T* work on it at all.

ps. you sent this to me personally instead of to the list in general. I'm forwarding your email to the list, I hope that's OK.