On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:21:59 -0400
"Doug McEachern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you use e17setroot to create the edj file in e17 and have that set
> as your background, you should be able to use Esetroot in
> your .xinitrc to put the jpg up as well. I'm running on the
> assumption that you want to enable fake transparency effects here.
>
> On 4/12/06, Andrea Spada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Olá. I'm trying to get e17setroot works with my .xinitrc, but it's
> > doesn't works, at all!
> >
> > Here's my .xinitrc:
> >
> > xrdb -load $HOME/.Xresources &
> > gnome-settings-daemon &
> > elapse &
> > exec enlightenment &
> > e17setroot -s /Files/Images/Wallpapers/singularity-crop.jpg &
> > exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session enlightenment
> >
> > Anyone knows a better way?
> >
> > Thank's,
> > Andrea

Ola!

just create an .eap that executes what you want on startup and put in
in ~/.e/e/applications/startup or list it in the .order file there.

And to set the background it is indeed enough to use
'Esetroot -scale /path/to/some/background.png' or .jpg whatever

E itself remembers it's wallpaper setting. So you just need to Esetroot
the original image to force fake transparency.

HTH
Tom