Would I need both the pid and the process name?
Cause the process name wouldn't be much of a problem, just a question of trial and error, for those apps that launch multiple processes.
Also, maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I'm planning on creating one script for each app, not a global script that does it all by itself, all I need is the signal that is used, so I can do "focus on firefox" on the firefox script, "focus on thunderbird" on the thunderbird script, etc..., not a general "focus on $pid".