Stafford Horne wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:11:27 +0200
> Morten Nilsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I just recompiled freetype with bytecode hinting..
>>
>> what must I do for e to actually use it? just selecting 'bytecode' in
>> the font window doesn't appear to have worked..
>
> If you have the bytecode option in the configuration dialog that means that
> evas does have bytecode hinting available.  The available options in the
> dialog come from the evas API IIRC.

I seem to remember that detection being removed because some vendors
provided the code, but with incorrect headers, indicating it didn't.

> Now, why don't you see any difference? Do you have an LCD monitor? If you are
> using a CRT it will be pretty difficult to tell the difference because CRTs
> are usually a bit fuzzy already and therefore have (BUILD IN) hinting :) .

yes, I do have an LCD, but the letter 'e' is rendered unclearly with
bytecode, see the png attached to my other mail.

> If you do have an LCD. then the fonts will become a little more clear/fuzzy
> when changing the hinting option.  The best hinting for you usually depends
> on your hardware and personal preference.

since the letters aren't lining up properly, I suspect the bytecode
hinter isn't working..

--
Morten
:wq